Translate

Saturday, November 2, 2013

My Working Life


First things first I would like to apologize for not really updating this blog. My life has been pretty busy here and on the weekends I either become a couch potato or I go somewhere. I'm a pretty lazy person and coupled with being tired from work I don't get much done. 

During the week I'm at work a lot. I have seven different classes that I teach and I am at two different branches. Every weekday I teach kindergarten. My class is a small class so they are about 3 years old. They are also super adorable. After kindergarten in the morning I travel to my actual branch to teach. Twice a week I teach basically from 9:30am to 8:40pm. It's a little crazy but I have to say that I really like my job here.

I work for Hess Educational Organization. I really like it. If you read reviews there is a lot of negative comments but that is because your experience is really dependent on your branch and thankfully my branches are really nice. At the Kindergarten branch we really help each other out with planning and doing the arts and crafts. Then at my actual branch... well there is only two other native English teachers there and we all get a long really well. Also I keep on showing up at my branch and they give me food which may have affected my view on the branch. I get my lunches at my branch and the Auntie that cooks them is super sweet and a good cook. 

Yep you could say that I like it here in Taiwan. There is only two things that I don't like about Taiwan actually. 1. It is really hot and humid which makes my arthritis hurt. 2. It is really far way from my family. Besides that I really like it here and I can't believe that I've been here for about four months already. It's crazy. Anyway, to conclude here is the view of my city from the roof of my building.


















Yep that is the golden arches of McDonald's we also have a PizzaHut and a KFC down the road.


1 comment: