Translate

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Taipei Weekend Markets

While we were still in Taipei a small group of my friends  and I went and checked out the Weekend markets. On the weekend three of the parking lots in Taipei are transformed into a Flower/Plant market  a jade, market and a small craft market. If you are in Taipei on the weekend and have some free time between 6am and 6pm I would totally check them out even if you aren't planning on buying anything. 

The first of of the markets and the largest of the three that we saw was the Flower market. It was amazing, the large selection of plants and gardening supplies that were there. My one friend and I were really surprised by how cheap the orchids are. 


















I really like how they painted the pillars. 



I totally want to go back to buy some plants for my appartment. It was awesome. After the Flower Market we headed over to the Jade Market. Going there made me really regret leaving all of my jewelry making supplies in America. There were so many different beads there. 





The last of the three of the markets was the Craft Market. It was the smallest and all honestly I wasn't impressed by it. The title was Craft market but there was really any hand made things there. Although the reasoning behind the creation was to help the poor and disabled have an income and be self reliant, it wasn't impressive.










  





1 comment: