Translate

Friday, September 20, 2013

Nankan Night Market

Just like Taipei has a night market Nankan has one too. Nankan's is just much smaller. The night market is only open on Teusday and Friday nights. It is a really good place if you want to go get some food and is only located a couple of streets over from my apartment. The majority of the stalls are food stalls. There were a good selection too. We saw food stalls selling quail egg, fried squid, fresh rolled sushi, takoyaki, and a lot of other traditional Taiwanese food. 

Just like any other night market there were lots of vendors selling clothing and accessories. There were also a good number of stands selling underwear... and bedazzled bras. Yeah I don't know why you would want one unless you are a stripper but ok. There were also several not safe looking rides there. It was a great way to spend the evening after a long day of work. 











 And the only two things that I bought were a giant thing of cotton candy and a key lime juice.


1 comment:

  1. Hi -- Thanks for sharing this gem! I have been staying at Monarch Skyline hotel (3-4 times/year for the past 4 years) and did not know about this Night Market until now. I had just stopped off there and did manage to find/buy some goodies.

    In return, I will share my favorite dessert store in the are with you -- 旺角頭髮 -- it is located on 南崁路 & 南上路 intersection. I am enjoying my take-out dessert now...

    All the best to you in Taiwan!

    ReplyDelete