Translate

Thursday, July 25, 2013

First Trip to Taipei 101 and Mitsukoshi


So for my first full day in Taiwan a group of us decided to go over to the Taipei 101 building after lunch. Thankfully I had my trusty tour book so we were able to figure out which station on the metro to get off at (btw it is the Taipei City Hall station). 

Getting to the station and over there wasn't that hard but it was a little bit afterwards. Thankfully there was a nice Taiwanese gentleman who explained to us how to go. All honestly once we got out behind the one building it was easy to spot Taipei 101.

So why did we go over to Taipei 101 you might ask? Well it is the second largest building in the world and the largest in Asia. I also have heard that the food court was amazing and well we had nothing better to do.
 


One thing that we realized when we got there was that unlike in America where most stores open around 9am is they don't open here till 11amish. When we got there although the building was open like only 6 stores were. Two of the guys from the group got a drink from one of the only open food shops. We sat down to debate if we wanted to hang out around there since it was only just turning 10am and we still had a while for the stores to open or to leave. We decided to go but not before I discovered a toy store and got a picture with my favorite Kamen Rider.
After a failed attempt at trying to find the Taiwan Discovery Center when we left Taipei 101, we headed over to one of the Mitsukoshi branches that was near by. Over there, my friend and I headed into the ETUDE HOUSE store because one of our favorite Korean boy bands ,SHINee, is currently representing them. I have to say that it was some of the cutest make up I've ever seen.

My favorite member: Key

My friends favorite member: Taemin
We headed towards the Mister Doughnut shop, I have have was really cute.
I got a doughnut pop

my friend got this mini marshmallow covered doughnut
Our last stop was to go to the food court in the bottom of the building. I ordered a plate of fried rice which came with a drink, soup, and a flavorless rice pudding/soup thing. I didn't really take any pictures of lunch because well I was super tired from my jet lag. I did not finish my lunch because the plate was bigger than my head and my stomach was feeling off from traveling. I was thirsty though and quickly finished the drink and went and bought another one. I though was adventurous and decided to try the plum juice... Worst mistake. It smelled and tasted like soy sauce. It was super gross and I am now sticking clear of any plum drink. Anyway afterwards we went back to our hotel room and promptly took a nap.

I will try to keep you posted of my activities but I have started training for work so it will be hard. Till next time

4 comments:

  1. Maybe it was pickled plum juice rather then regular plum juice. I know that they are really strong flavored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no bro all of the plum juice taste like soy sauce here. It is because they use fermented plum paste instead of fresh plums

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the band SHINEee that is on that packaging! although, i think they're a Japanese band

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love SHINee too and they are actually from South Korea

      Delete