Translate

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Special Live in Taiwan Show

yeah I wore my favorite American superheros to see
my favorite Japanese heroes
On the last day of Moon Festival I went to the Special Live in Taiwan Kamen Rider and Super Sentai Show. As mentioned before I'm kind of a huge fan of all things Tokustasu and was really exited to go. For those who don't know what Tokustatsu is it is a genre that usually has a hero that transforms. Also Super Sentai is the original Power Rangers so think of it like that. 

Anyway I'm a huge fan and was not expecting when I moved to Taiwan to be able to see a Live Show. I thought that I had to go to Japan for that. I bought a VIP ticket because I knew that I would be able to do a meet and greet with the heroes. I was also able to get second row which was awesome.

On the day I decided to look cute and wear a skirt which may not have been the smartest move on my part since it was still typhooning outside and super windy. Don't worry I've taken to wearing shorts underneath my skits since living here in Taiwan so I didn't flash anyone. I also decided to wear my Avengers shirt just to be ironic. 

I made my way to Taipei via bus. From there I took the train to the Taipei City Hall station. That is the station that you take to go see Taipei 101 and the Convention Hall is two buildings away. I had two really nice security guards help me find it so I arrived without any issues.





Before the show they were selling a lot of merchandise and it was all at reduced pricing. I bought probably more than I should have but it was all at least $30USD cheaper than I have ever seen it. I also was one of the only adults there by myself and the only adult woman alone. This shouldn't be surprising considering that tokustasu for the most part is supposed to be aimed towards children even though it is kinda violent and has a lot of adult humor. Yeah, I guess they make it that way because the kids don't get the adult themes and they are there to give the adults that are watching it with the kids some entertainment too.

After getting my picture taken with my favorite OOO's combos I headed up to my seat. I got there pretty early and since I was VIP they gave me a bag full of stuff.







The first half of the show was Kamen Rider and featured Kamen Rider OOO and Kamen Rider W and their secondary riders. We also had a guest apperience by Kamen Rider Den-o and Kamen Rider Ichigo and Nigo. It was a lot of  fun even though I didn't understand what they were saying at all. The plot of the show was very simlar to the movie Kamen Rider OOO, Den-O All Kamen Riders. Basically they travel back in time and mess it up and Ichigo and Nigo are evil for a bit. Things go pretty bad for OOO and W before their secondary riders of Accel and Birth show up. Then they kick total butt. Also at the end of the Kamen Rider section they all danced to 'Te o Tsunagou' at the end which was ridiculous and awesome at the same time. (BTW OOO is the one that I have a picture with his cut out and W is the half green and black one)


















 At this point I'm almost positive that I was having more fun than majority of the kids that were there. I was also feeling a little nerdy for the fact that I knew the words to the Kamen Rider songs that they were playing during the intermission. During the intermission they had a mini show. It was some magical girl anime that I didn't know. I thought it was a little creepy because they had actual anime heads


After that was the Super Sentai portion of the show. It featured Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger and Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters. I was surprised that Go-Busters where there considering they didn't advertise that they were in the show at all but I like them so it just added to my excitement. It was a typical crossover plot of the two series villains teaming up against the sentai teams. I was really happy that they had Basco from Gokaiger but not so much over their version of Enter from Go-Busters. For him they got a Taiwanese man to play him and well he could not live up to the original.  





























 After the show there was a meet and greet for the VIP seats. I was so exited. I got a photo with Goaki Red, Silver and Green. I also got a photo with OOO and W. When I was taking my photo with W my hat started to fall off W put it back on and patted my head. It was awesome!!! After shaking everyone's hand I went back down stairs to the small shop that they had set up selling merchandise I have to say that I was proud of all the parents that only let their kid have one toy... I did not have that self control. My arms were loaded and I felt the children staring at me with a mixture of envy and wondering what this foreign women is doing.





I made my way back home after that my arms loaded with my new treasures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment