Translate

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Lee Seung Gi Fan meet

One of the great things about living here in Taiwan is that a lot of my favorite South Korean artists come here. One of these artist that have visited was Lee Seung Gi. He is my second favorite South Korean actor. 


I heard of the event because I was hanging out with two of my friends from work when they found out about it. It turns out that we were all fans of him and went down to 7Eleven to buy our tickets together. 

On the day of the show we had to work in the morning. We don't usually work on Saturdays but we were doing a make up day for Moon Festival the following week. Even so we had plenty of time to go home and make our selves look beautiful because we bought VIP tickets and were actually going to meet and shake Lee Seung Gi's hand. 

Once we got to the venue there were a lot of vendors selling his merchandise but oddly enough there were no official vendor there.  I bought a light stick that was a pretty teal color. It was only $100NTD or approximately $3USD. If this was America it would have cost about five times that. It was also then that I realized that I had forgotten my camera at home, but I at least had my cell phone that I could take pictures with even if they weren't the best quality. 

We got inside and there was a little packet of stuff siting on our seats. They also were playing his music, which was great because I all honestly don't know his music I know his acting. 


Finally he came out and preformed one of his songs. I swear he is even cuter in person.It was then when we found out that it wasn't actually a concert but a fan meet. Even though it wasn't a concert we were still okay with it. They then had the MC come onto stage. I was shocked it was one of my favorite Taiwanese Idols Calvin Chen. 



I have to say though that Calvin almost stole the show. Even not being able to understand what he was saying he was still funny. Having two really cute guys together on stage was almost cuteness overload. Anyway they played some different games to test their fans on the determination and knowledge of Seung Gi. For the first game a little girl won and it was adorable. In the second game three women won signed copies of his newest CD. My friend kept on complaining on how she hated them because she was jealous. 







After the intermission they showed a weird interview from his time in Hawaii but the background music for it was 'Beauty and the Beast'. The music alone made me laugh but he was also being interviewed on the beach wearing a blazer with a picture of a beach on it. Sometimes I just don't understand fashion. Anyway the second half of the show was him preforming some of his more popular songs. 


After the fan meeting officially ended there was a meet and greet. If you paid for the VIP tickets you could shake his hand. My friends and I of course bought those tickets. We were in fact the last row of those tickets but we still got to meet him. I really wish I had my camera at this point instead of using my phone but at least I have my memories. He was very nice considering he had already shook like 200 hands and he spoke just a few words to us in English. I still can't believe that I shook his hand. It was totally a night that I will not forget. Anyway after that we headed back to Nankan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment