Translate

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

BT: Cleaning out the closet



So yesterday I started cleaning out my room and closet in prep for moving to Taiwan  I had to get my dresser cleaned out since my Mom decided to give it to my brother who is moving away first. I'm find with my bro having my dresser but I'm like "but but I still have a month yet but where am I suppose to but my clothes?" 

Needless to say she didn't really have an answer for me. I was able to get it all cleaned out while my brother was out at the garage getting a tune up for his car. Surprising I was able to move it outside all by myself. After getting the dresser out of my closet I started to rearrange things which was interesting considering I don't think the closet has been cleaned out since I was a baby which was ironic with the amount of baby clothing that I found. I also found some of my childhood favorite books that my mother had kept. There were also a giant purple ball, a hamper lid that doesn't match any of the ones that we have, two wooden trucks and  a full traditional Chinese outfit which didn't fit me in the closet. Though I have to say that the most interesting thing that I found in the closet was this:
No one in my family has any idea where this knee length sequenced jacket came from. Anyway afterwards my bro took me out to a really quaint ice cream parlor for a nice summer treat. It was really nice and in a historic inn. It was a type of small town America that I  won't be able to find in Taiwan.

Another thing that I won't be able to find is Friendly's. Those of you who don't know it's a restaurant chain in Eastern USA. It has standard food like burgers, crispy chicken, and salads but the thing that it is really known for is ice cream. The ice cream is why my family, especially my dad, really like it. I'm saying this because we went out to dinner to our local one. It was funny since it was on both mine and my brother's list of things to go to before moving away because we both will be moving to places that won't have one. Well till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment