Translate

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Mennonite shopping

Ello. Although I haven't really been preparing for Taiwan the past two days really. I did get to go spend some time with my sister though. We decided to do some really American things before I leave. Thus far she has taken me to New York City and Washington D.C. 

Yesterday was another one of the American excursions. We went to three different Mennonite (think of kinda like the Amish) ran shops, including a Farmers Market. The first shop that we went to was a Mennonite fabric store. It was really interesting because we got to talking to one of the women that work there and her aunt and uncle are currently over in Thailand. I don't know about you but I don't really think of Mennonites really traveling outside of the country. Then we went to the Farmers Market where I got some nectarines and a watermelon. The last of the stores that we went to was a little health/ dry good store. Although they had a wide variety of dried fruits I bought some maple sugar candy because I highly doubt that I will be able to get that in Taiwan. 

Speaking of food that I can only get in America I've been trying to eat a lot of the local foods here as much as I can. To end our day of Mennonite shopping my sister and I met up with a friend and ate at the tavern by my college. All three of us didn't even need to look at the menu before ordering. I got the pulled port sandwich and sweat potato fires.  I meant to take a picture to put on here but I was too hungry and forgot. Yep, well I hope that everyone is enjoying some standard American food. Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment