Translate

Thursday, July 4, 2013

BT: Fourth of July

Happy Forth of July!!! It's Independence Day here and America and I celebrated it with one of my good friends down in Philadelphia. I came down yesterday and spend the night. It took a little while longer to get down to his place than I had originally planed (it took me a good 40 minutes to move like 2 miles). We went over to a Korean marketplace and picked up the ingredients for dinner, which was curry and really good.

Today though was the Fourth of July. I was up way earlier than anyone else in the apartment so I made pancakes for everyone. Needless to say because of doing that I believe I've become my friends favorite house guess ever. 

For the rest of the day I didn't really do much since my friend had to work. I did though watch the Kamen Rider Fourze movie finally. Then after my friend came home we headed over to the park were we were meeting a group of friends to watch the firework show later that evening. We were there for almost four hours before the firework show started. 

Before the fireworks they played the national anthem and I have to say that I got a little chocked up. This was probably the last time that I will hear it play in a while. I only have about 10 more days before I go and I'm in a mixture of being really exited and sad because I'm going to miss all of my friends. The fireworks themselves were really great. It kept on having parts that could have been the finally but just kept on going. It had been a long time since I seen firework and let's just say that I had forgotten how much I love fireworks. It honestly was a great way to spend my last Fourth of July in the States in a while. Till next time. 
here are the pancakes I made

No comments:

Post a Comment