Translate

Friday, July 19, 2013

First night and Shilin Night Market

So right after I arrived in Taiwan got into my hotel room and freshened up my friend and I met up with a couple other people from our company's training group to go over to Shilin Night Market. For those of you who don't know it is basically the largest of the night markets in Taipei and you can find cheep food and clothing there. Although I was super tired I went out with them just so I could start meeting people.

From our hotel the Metro is only a few blocks away and an easy walk. We were shocked on how easy it is to use and how clean it was. Later we found out that you get fined if you eat or drink on the subway. 

Anyway we made our way over to the market which was full of people and stuff. I will have to go back some other time that I'm not dead tired because it seems like an interesting place to explore. The clothing was really cheap and had some interesting things on it. The one t-shirt read "Sorry I make Handsome" but for the most part the English wasn't overly bad. As for the food there was a lot there so you really need to just decided on where you would like to eat. I had this meat bun. 
It was pretty good, hot in both in temperature and spiciness. It was also the first bit of Taiwanese food that I had. There were several other people who got it in my group too. The only thing was it made you very thirsty but luckily there are all these fruit drink sellers around. I personally got cranberry lime drink.

I rather enjoyed it because it was a little sour and I liked sour things. Any way there were tons of food venders. In my group some people got a dessert called ice mountain which is sweetened shaved ice with fruit on top of it. They shared some with me and it was delicious. Although most of the stalls were your typical food stalls we did find this one which was probably the weirdest thing that we found there.

Yep penis shaped food. We were guessing that they were some kind of pastry but no one was willing to try them. also knowing our luck they would be delicious. Anyway after wandering around a while and getting lost in trying to find the exit we headed back to the hotel because I was ready to pass out from exhaustion. All in all it was a great first evening in Taiwan. 


1 comment:

  1. oh good lord that food looks delicious... there's no way i could diet in taiwan

    ReplyDelete