Translate

Friday, July 19, 2013

Missadventures in Traveling to Taiwan

So I had quite the adventure traveling to Taiwan. My first flight was suppose to leave at 11ish on Monday July 15. Everything went really well, I got to the airport early, got passed security no problem and waited outside of my terminal. I even was the first in my section to board the plane. I was also doing really well considering that all my previous experiences with flying I didn't do well. Well and that is to say that everything went really well until we got two hours into the flight and they told us that they had to turn the flight around. By the time that we got back to the airport it was already 6pm and there weren't any other flights till the next day.

Thankfully the airline put me up to a local hotel and gave me a meal voucher but since there was like 250 of us it took a while to sort it out. By the time that I got over to the hotel and checked in it was like 9pm. I then had to message my company and my parents to let them know all what was going on. 
the hotel room that the airline set me up with


Needless to say that it was not the experience that I thought it was going to be. It was a hey you are now an adult experience  This was also the first time that I was ever in a hotel room by myself. All other times that I have been in a hotel I was either with my family or with friends for like an anime convention. 

Anyway I got up super early because of my flight.I originally had an aisle seat but this time they put me on a window seat. I was nervous cause as I said before I didn't really use to be good with flying but the window seat was AWESOME!!!! I saw so many cool sights like snow covered mountains, really cool cloud formations and the Pacific ocean for the first time. I was really surprised that I was able to see waves on the ocean. The only down side was that I had to climb over this little British girl every time that I needed to get up but I did warn her and apologized to needing to get up often. On the flight I either read, watched a movie, or slept.



After my first flight which was 13 hours long I landed in Japan for about a 3 hour lay over. This was my first time in Japan but I will totally go back someday. My first thing that I did was went in search of some tokusatsu merchandise because I figure that they would have some. There was a lot of  anime and HelloKitty and only one thing of tokusatsu and that was from Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger and out of my price ranger. I had only hat $20 converted because I wanted snacks. I mostly then sat outside of my terminal and waited for my plane to arrive. 

I kid you not it was a HelloKitty plane

So after taking in all that is the HelloKitty plane. I had a nice Japanese man sit next to me. We talked a little and he told me I was crazy because of how long I had been on a plane that day. He was rather nice. I do kinda regret snaking earlier because we were served a meal on the plane which of course was HelloKitty themed.







All honestly I just wanted off that plane. I totally spent too much time on a plane that day. It wasn't that long of a plane trip either only like 3hrs well not compared to the other flight. But when it was said and done the nice Japanese guy even helped me get down my suitcase from above.

Once in the Airport I exchanged some money and went through immigration. I was so glad that I didn't have to go through security again like I had to landing in Japan. Immigration honestly didn't take that long and we moved pretty quickly. Since I'm from the USA I just got a 90 day landing visa that I will transfer over to a regular visa later. 

Another one of my first in this part of my adventure was that I had to take a taxi to the hotel. I had never taken a taxi before. I also should have taken pictures as we rode into Taipei but I was rather tired and didn't. Once at the hotel I checked in and found out that I was rooming with my one friend that went over with me. I will save what we did for another post. Till next time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment