Translate

Thursday, July 25, 2013

My room at the First Hotel

So the hotel that I've been staying at is the First Hotel in Taipei. All honestly it's not a very nice hotel. I'm only staying here because well this is where my company put me up (although I did have to pay for the first couple of nights).
My bed

The view from my bed



So this has been one of the worst hotels that I've ever been in. Looking on the walls I can see weird stains and scuff marks. Also walking down the hallway to get to my room you can see where they piled all the extra/ needed to be repaired furniture. There is also only one key for the hotel room, that we have to turn in whenever we leave the building. Also we don't have to show ID when we pick up the key. We just walk up to the front desk and tell them our room number and they hand us the key. 

the view from my room's window
I have to say that the service though hasn't been bad at all. We have our room cleaned every day by a really nice Taiwanese women that asks us "Want to Make Room?". I must say that I'm really going to miss coming back to a made bed. 


The weirdest thing and probably the most annoying thing is that  we aren't suppose to flush toilet paper down the toilet. It has been a real pain remembering that rule. It is also the reason why we have our room cleaned everyday. Also there is a phone in the bathroom that took me like 4 days to notice it. We are also not suppose to drink the water, so they give us bottled water every day. 

They are renovating some of the rooms but unfortunately my room was not one of them. One last thing to mention is that everyone's room is set up a little bit differently. In my room we have two chairs and a bench but in the next room it is smaller and they only have one chair. Also we have no place to put our stuff and it kinda sucks living out of our suitcases but in another one of my group's rooms they have a dresser so it is not as bad for them.

All in all I understand why this hotel has a 2.5-3 rating

No comments:

Post a Comment